At Deepwood, we provide first-class pet boarding facilities for your pet(s). We offer boarding and lodging for dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, ferrets, pigs, goats, and more! Spacious dog kennel runs, large pens or sunlight-filled suites are available, all with a caring pet boarding staff, and quality veterinary care right next door!
Please take a few moments to review our boarding policies as listed below. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation!
- Deepwood is closed on Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day. On Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve, the clinic closes at 2:00 pm. Although our lodging caretakers will still be on-site to look after your pet, you will not be able to check-in or pick up your pet when we are closed.
- Additional fees apply for holiday boarding. Please call for details.
- We request that you kindly allow 20 minutes for the check-in process. To make your check-in process more timely, please fill out all necessary forms prior to arrival. For a link to all of our downloadable forms, please click here.
- Are you a new boarding client? Welcome to Deepwood! If your pet has never been here before (for boarding, grooming or medical care) please complete the “New Client Forms” in order to expedite your check-in process.
- If your pet is scheduled to be groomed during their stay, please complete the “Grooming Form”.
- If you would like your pet(s) to receive any medical treatment (examination, vaccination, ear flush, anal gland expression, etc.) during their stay with us, we ask that you fill out a “Drop-Off Form” in order to provide our medical staff with the most up-to-date information.
- To protect all of our boarding pets, we do require that all boarders be up-to-date on a wellness exam, fecal testing, vaccinations, and flea prevention prior to boarding (specifics are listed below). Vaccines should be completed at least one week prior to boarding for optimum protection. If a pet has not met the boarding requirements at the time of check-in, an examination, any required vaccines or testing, and administration of flea preventative will need to be updated during their stay.
- Rabies (both dogs and cats)
- Distemper (Canine: DHPP | Feline: FVRCP)
- Bordetella (dogs-only, given within the previous 6 months)
- Canine Influenza Virus [CIV] (dogs-only)
- Negative fecal test (within one year)
- Flea preventative administered within 30 days of boarding [eg. Bravecto, Vectra3D, Seresto, Nexgard, Frontline, Advantage, or Revolution]
- We highly recommend that all pets staying at our facility be current on heartworm/intestinal parasite preventatives such as Sentinel or Revolution.
- Bedding, food, and water/food bowls are provided. Please do not bring any items from home, as we cannot guarantee their return. Only pets staying in our Luxury Suites may have items brought from home.
- We provide veterinarian-recommended Purina E/N diet (canned & dry) to be fed in owner-specified quantities. If you would prefer to bring your pet’s food from home, we are happy to feed them their usual diet. However, we do ask each portion be in its own sealed plastic bag. Please label each bag with the pet’s first and last name, and what time of day each bag is for (AM or PM). This will make it much easier for our caretakers to make sure that your pet is fed in accordance with your wishes.
- All medications and supplements must be in their original packaging, with the name, dose, and dosing frequency clearly labeled. This rule exists to protect the health and safety of all of our boarders. For safety’s sake, please do not put individual pills in with bagged meals.
- If your pet is taking medications or supplements, please be sure to indicate the name, dose, and dosing frequency of each on your boarding form at check-in. Please indicate when the last dose was given, so that our technicians can ensure that there is no disruption in your pet’s treatment schedule.
- Deepwood uses safety non-slip leashes for all boarding dogs. At the time of check-in, we ask that you keep with you any collar, leash, harness or other restraint. However, if your pet requires a special harness for health or safety purposes, please bring it with you and let us know at check-in.
- Fees are “hotel-style”, charged by the night. Pets that board together in the same room will be charged individually. While we will make every effort to honor your boarding preference, during the busy seasons canine runs cannot be guaranteed.
- If a pet is to be picked up early from a scheduled lodging reservation, please notify us 48 hours in advance of the new departure date, in order to ensure that all requested services (nail trims, exams, etc) are completed prior to departure.
If you have any questions about our boarding policies or procedures, please do not hesitate to ask us.
Thank you for choosing Deepwood Veterinary Clinic as your pet’s home away from home – we look forward to seeing you soon!